* I take off my headphones *
CM: Did you ever hear of that train that goes all around the country?
Me: No. What train is that?
CM: The train that goes around the country, like a cruise ship, where you can see the country. Have you heard of it?
Me: No.
CM: Me neither - but that would be cool, huh?
Me: you aren't making any sense - you are asking me about something that may or may not exist - but you assume it does? You are not making sense...
CM: I just think it would be cool - you could travel all around the country - and see it from a train. Have you ever been on a sleeper train - one that you sleep on?
Me: No...
CM: But they have more seating space than other trains, right?
Me: I don't know - I've never been on one.
CM: But James Bond seems to make out on them ok, doesn't he?
Me: You do realize he's a fictional character, don't you?
CM: (ignoring my last comment) you have the boxes that you sleep in - that seems pretty cool. He was always taking women back to those boxes...
(I think CM assumes this is how his family train trip is going to happen - he's going to bring hot super spy babes back to his sleeping box)
CM: this comedy is just great - and its non-stop (he's referring to his XM radio, but it takes a few seconds to figure out what he's talking about)
CM: Did you ever see Chevy Chase in that vacation movie?
Me: yeah. (I bet at this point he's thinking he might have a chance with Christie Brinkly)
CM: I made the kids watch it the other night. I couldn't watch it because I had to go to bed - but the boys said they liked it. Who was his wife? Wasn't she played by someone named Sorvino?
Me: no, I don't think Mira Sorvino ever played his wife. I think her first name is "Dana"
Note: it was actually Beverly D'Angelo. Dana-something was the daughter.
He looks it up to make sure Mira Sorvina is not the wife - this gives me a chance to put on the headphones.
No comments:
Post a Comment