When the Chattering Monkey first started, he went downstairs for breakfast, brought back a pastry.
CM: I got a danish, but they don't call it a danish - they call it something that begins with a "SK" sound.
Me: a scone?
CM: Yeah, that's it. What's a scone? How is that different than a danish?
Me: Not really sure...
A couple days later he has completely forgotten our previous scone conversation.
CM: "Just went downstairs and got a scone. Do you know what a scone is?"
me: "yes"
CM:"It's kinda like a danish, but not really. I'm hooked."
A few days later, walking back from a meeting....
CM: I'm going downstairs to get a scrope...
Me: *looks confused*
CM: a scode - whatever those danish things are called...
Me: a scone?
CM: a what?
Me: a scone.
CM: Yeah, I'm going to get a scone.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment